Wednesday, September 29, 2010

For the Love of Vintage

Vintage:
A year or period of origin.
Old or outmoded.

I am completely in love with anything and everything vintage. Thrift stores and antiques shops are my fave way of spending a free day.

If I had it my way, the entire Shoppe would be shabby chic-y, old world, black & white, and full of buttons and lacey goodness. Like an old fashioned ic
e cream parlor or boutique.



Why do you think I chose to spell the store's name with an extra p&e on it?

Well, lately I've become a collector of old world postcards & images. I
adore them!

So today, I'm going to share a couple layouts I've created with the Vintage Chip Cards I've been playing with that we have available at The Shoppe.


The edges of these cuties are already inked & distressed.


We've even given them a hint of sparkle & shine!


Just add them to a page or a card and you've got an instant embellishment with a ton of charm!


And just cuz it's vintage doesn't mean it has to be drab & dreary . . . use happy colors!



I think this one is my favorite . . . till I make another one!



Hope this post gives you another new idea to try for your albums & cards!



1 comment:

Claudia Perry said...

Great projects and I just LOVE how you used the Top Note die :-)