Friday, April 1, 2011

#4 in Our Sketch Challenge

Hi Guys!

March seems to have come in & flown right back out!
A new month means a new sketch challenge in our own Project12 series!

Here's your new sketch to work with:



And here is the page I created following that sketch:



For my border strip, I chose to do a little bit of paper pleating....LOVE that look!



I used 2 different Chipboard Alpha styles in my lettering, smudging them with some Stickles (love those too!)



Since I spread my title out on the top AND bottom (if you know me, you know I'm not much of a journaler ~ shame on me!), I slinked my butterfly & pearls embellishment from corner to corner to keep your eyes moving across the page. . .



And remember there's no rule that says you HAVE to use the same size photos . . . try mixing the sizes.
Another tip that I've been doing lately: Instead of cropping your photos, print them out in wallet size instead so you don't lose any of your image.

This photo might look a little altered or distressed, but it's not. My son, Alex, is HUGE into photography (go check out his awesome work on Flickr here) and is always looking for interesting situations. He actually took this through a window screen to get that canvas effect.


So that's your challenge for this month. Have fun & show me what you can do with this one by posting your finished layout on The Shoppe's FaceBook Page here.

Remember to mention that it's your April Project12 and the next time you come shopping, we'll give you a Project12 Discount!

No comments: