Thursday, February 5, 2009

Poem to Make You Think!

Today we're gonna share a poem we came across.

This certainly makes me want to kick my butt in gear with my scrapping . . .I don't want this happening to me & my family.

Strangers in the Box

Come look with me inside this drawer,
In this box I've often seen.
At the pictures black & white
Faces proud, still, serene.

I wish I knew the people
These strangers in the box,
Their names & all their memories
Are lost among my socks.

I wonder what their lives were like?
How did they spend their days?
What about their special times?
I'll never know their ways.

If only someone had taken the time,
To tell who, what, or when,
These faces of my heritage
Would come to life again.

Could this become the fate
Of the pictures we take today?
The faces & the memories
Someday be passed away?

Make time to save your pictures,
Seize the opportunity when it knocks.
Or someday you & yours could be
The Stangers in the Box.

For everyone who uses the excuse "I don't have the time" . . . You might want to start MAKING the time!

Commit yourself, even if just for an hour a week . . . Or sign up & join us on Friday nights . . .You'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

Adam Mathis said...

Very thoughtfful blog