Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Latest Project

This is something that I've been toying with as a class project now for several weeks.
An Altered Clock . . .



I needed to give my "Secret Sister" a be-lated birthday gift so I decided to make one for her & see how easy it would be. After all, some of our class participants are still newbies so I didn't want to get into something really in depth. (And Yes~she figured out right away who gave it to her so that's why I can blabb it on here . . .she loved it!)

Of course, pink was my 1st choice of color and I've been having a great time with some of the new BoBunny papers, especially the stripes, so that's what I used for the base on this 1st altered clock:



Then I went on to make one for The Shoppe's wall, too:



The green swirly pieces on both clocks were cut with the Cricut machine and the StoryBook Cartridge and then dusted with a bit of lime green Stickles.

I wanted to add a butterfly to the second hand that ticks around at all times so it would appear to be flying, but ditzy me snapped it off! So he's just sitting on the hour hand now. . .still just as cute & sparkly!


So now I'm waiting for some new papers to get to The Shoppe and soon you'll be seeing this class on the calendar!

No comments: