Thursday, June 18, 2009

Stumped on Your Story?

I think that maybe at one time or another, all of us have had trouble coming up with some clever or creative journaling to go with our photos.

For me, it's not so much that I get stuck ~ it's more like I don't much like doing the journaling thing. (I know . . . that's pretty bad)

Well, today we're going to suggest a simple, little solution to some of those times when you just don't know what to write about.

We'd like you to all start thinking of some of your favorite songs . . . .
You know ~ maybe a verse or a chorus you always catch yourself humming to or singing along.

One that makes you smile & laugh cuz it's so true in your life ( I can think of a ton of Brad Paisley songs right now!)
Or one that gets you all teary-eyed & makes you boo-hoo every time it comes on the radio. (I'm good at that, too . . . not too smart when you're driving down the road tho')

So here we go . . . .
Here's a couple layouts that I used song lyrics on instead of traditional journaling:



This one is "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer.

I printed it out on vellum so it would appear soft and the background paper would still show thru.



Next is one of my most favorite set of pages ever!



It's from Toby Keith's "I Wanna Be A Cowboy"



This was my 1st attempt at stamping . . . . ever!
So each & every letter was stamped one at a time . . . . . THAT took me awhile, but it was SOOOOO worth it!








And I couldn't resist showing you all a pix of my little cowboy.
This is on our farm in Kentucky . . . He was 4 yrs old & had his very own horse, Dakota.




So now, to send you all off trying to think of your fave songs, we'll give you a couple links to help you along.

If you're like me, I think I know the words, but usually end up WAAAAAY off the path! Or I make up my own words & my kids think I'm such a dork!
(Gosh ~ I shouldn't be telling anyone this stuff . . . you might hear me at The Shoppe one day!)

Well, if that sounds familiar to you, then these places will help you out tremendously with that!





Make this type of layout your personal challenge this week & let's see what you can accomplish!
Let us know how it works out for you!

1 comment:

Downs Family said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these. I have to try this out. I don't like to journal either, i have stacks of pages lacking only the journaling but I know it is so important. This really helps, i already have an layout planned that i can't wait to try.
-Pam